How was your 2018 year?
I cannot believe that there is less than one week left in 2018. This year seemed to fly by quickly. It is easy to just let days and weeks drift us by, but today I want to encourage you to stop and ponder this past year.
For some, 2018 was the hardest year of your life full of loss, sadness, and grief. For others, 2018 was one of your best years full of joy, hopes and dreams. And for many of us, 2018 was a mixture of both ups and downs.
Before we watch the ball drop at midnight next week, I want you to reflect on your 2018 year. At dinner time, my kids and I will share our blessings and bummers from that day. I want you to reflect on your blessings and bummers of this past year. Below are some questions to help you.
Let’s start with the best times of 2018:
- What were some of the blessings in 2018? What brought you joy?
- If you had to pick only one or two, what were your favorite moments of 2018?
- What are you most thankful about 2018? Thoroughly list all you have to be grateful for this year.
Now, let’s spend some time reflecting on the more difficult parts of 2018:
- What were some of the bummers in 2018? What brought you to tears?
- Honestly share about the hard times of 2018 and the sad and painful emotions you experienced. Ask God for His love, grace, and strength to help you as you walk through these difficult circumstances.
- Even in the middle of your most difficult memories, reflect on what you are thankful for. It could a family member that listened or a friend who helped. It could be an encouraging word spoken to you in the middle of a really hard day. I like to refer to these things as the bless in the mess. Think about these blessings. There is something powerful about focusing on gratitude in the middle of hard times.
Thankful, Grateful, Blessed- these three words are life-changers!
My son bought me this sign for Christmas and I love it. Such a wonderful reminder to focus on what I am thankful for, who am I grateful for and how has God blessed me this year. As someone who loves to journal, I am going to write answers to these questions this week before I ring in the 2019 year. Anyone want to join me?
Your Copy Now
Depth Podcast Latest Episode
Are you passing a legacy of faith on to your children? I know this is so important, so I am so excited to have Casey…