Depth Podcast Episode 130: Special Mom Story — Kaley Olson
Have you ever looked at your life like a puzzle? As all the pieces are fitting together, does it look like the picture you thought it would be? If you were to look at the box and the picture on the top cover, is it what you expected? Or does it look completely different?
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and for some of us it is a very happy day. But for others, it is a hard day if you struggled with infertility, a miscarriage, a loss of a baby or child, or the loss of your mother. For some of us that is the picture of top of the puzzle that does not look like what we hoped it would. So I want to encourage those women this week.
I am excited to introduce my friend, Kaley Olson. She is going to be sharing her special mom story this week on the podcast. She struggled with infertility for two years and had a miscarriage. I love the encouragement and hope she offers other women as well as the practical ideas she gives us to come alongside and help someone who is hurting this Mother’s Day. Also, this idea about the puzzle came from Kaley’s Proverbs 31 ministries post that she did last month and we are going to dive deeper that. Cannot wait for you to hear the truth Kaley shares.
Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast: Motherhood and Loss are two things that should not go together. Links below to the 3-part series called What Nobody Talks About.
- Infertility and Feeling Stuck in the Cycle of Waiting
- What It’s Like to Lose a Baby (Miscarriage and Infant Loss)
- Postpartum and Loss of Identity in Motherhood
In 2020, Saddleback Church hosted a gathering for grieving women a couple nights before Mother’s Day called the Bella Donne, which means beautiful women in Italian. Click this link to listen. I pray this encourages you especially if your heart is hurting this Mother’s Day.
Other Special Mom Stories that could be helpful:
· Holley Gerth shared her infertility story of 10 years as well as how she met her daughter. To listen her special mom story, click the link to Episode 81.
· Allyn Ann shared her infertility story and her emotional journey to having 2 miraculous IVF babies. To listen to her powerful story, click the link to Episode 31.
- *Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament by Lysa TerKeurst and Joel Mudamalle (At the P31 Bookstore)
- *Grieving the Child I Never Knew by Kathe Wunnenberg
Kaley Olson is the Director of Creative Programming at Proverbs 31 Ministries and serves as the producer and co-host of The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast. Her skill set allows her to come alongside other teams to create systems and structure around strategic initiatives, whether it’s the launch of a new product or producing an event like the She Speaks Conference. Kaley is a country gal at heart, living in the suburbs of Charlotte, NC, with her husband, Jared, their son and their weenie dog. Connect with Kaley on Instagram at @kaleyolsn.
*Note: If you are interested in purchasing the books recommended, I would love for you to use the Amazon Affiliate link above to help support the podcast. Thank you!