Depth Podcast Episode 121: The Names of God — Melissa Spoelstra
Have you ever studied the names of God in the Bible? Have you ever looked at Yahweh, Elohim, Jehovah Jireh, or El Shaddai and wondered what they meant?
I am so excited to have Melissa Spoelstra on the podcast this week to talk about her Bible Study, *The Names of God: His Character Revealed. I love that as we study the names of God in the Bible, it reveals God’s character. Listen to what Melissa says, “One of the ways God makes Himself known to us is through His names in Scripture. While our names help identify and distinguish us, God’s names go a step further: they reveal God to us. Studying God’s names helps us grow in our understanding of His character.” It is going to give us a more complete view of God as we learned these names. I was fascinated with the study and learned so much. Melissa is full of wisdom and truth.
Also, I am so excited for someone to win a copy of Melissa’s Bible Study: *The Names of God. All the details of the book giveaway are on my website at jodirosser.com or you can click this direct link: https://kingsumo.com/g/nuupwj/names-of-god-bible-study-giveaway
Click this link to join my Depth Podcast Facebook Community.
Melissa is also the author of the Bible studies:
- *The Names of God: His Character Revealed
- *Isaiah: Striving Less and Trusting God More (Releasing in June)
- *Acts: Awakening to God in Everyday Life
- *Romans: Good News That Changes Everything
- *Elijah: Spiritual Stamina in Every Season
- *Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More
- *First Corinthians: Living Love When We Disagree
- *Joseph: The Journey to Forgiveness
- *Jeremiah: Daring To Hope in an Unstable World
- *Dare to Hope
- *Total Family Makeover: 8 Practical Steps to Making Disciples at Home
- *Total Christmas Makeover: 31 Devotions to Celebrate with Purpose.
She is a regular contributor to the Proverbs 31 First Five App and the Girlfriends in God online daily devotional. She has published articles in ParentLife, Women’s Spectrum, and Just Between Us and writes her own regular blog in which she shares her musings about what God is teaching her on any given day. Melissa lives in Pickerington, Ohio, with her pastor husband, Sean, and their four kids: Zach, Abby, Sara, and Rachel.
*Note: If you are interested in purchasing this book or the books recommended, I would love for you to use the Amazon Affiliate link above to help support the podcast. Thank you!